Parent and community volunteers are integral to our school’s success. From working with students, to beautifying the grounds, to fundraising, to offering enrichment opportunities and special events, our school would not be the unique community it is without our Volunteers. There are many ways for you to get involved in our community. You can simply help with events, join a team or volunteer to take on a leadership role. Scroll down to find more information about these opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sign up to volunteer here!
Just generally want to help out? Fill out this form to let us know what you are interested in doing at THES. At the bottom of the page you will find more information about ongoing volunteer opportunities.
Annual Background Check
Volunteers should request a background check each year. This includes Field Trip Chaperones! This process can take a couple of weeks, especially at the beginning of the school year, so submit yours early! (Note: Background checks do not check immigration status & information is not shared with other agencies.)
Instructions for Requesting a Background Check:
- Go to: austinpartners.org
- Select the Volunteer button
- Select School Based Volunteer
- You can choose to make a donation or click through without donating
- Select Travis Heights Elementary from the school-based volunteers list
- Choose School volunteer
- (Information about what the background check looks for is available by clicking the Background Check Guidelines link)
- Complete the information requested for the background check.
If you have questions or concerns about the Background Check process or need assistance in completing the online form, please contact the Parent Support Specialist (414-4495) or Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in learning more about how you can help and the various positions, please contact: